We have a great program in Term 3, 2017:
A Smorgasbord of Talks
Talks on many varied subjects, with time for discussion and questions. Topics include:
- Myths and legends of the Polynesians
- Living in Israel 1965-1968 and beyond
- An accomplished artist describing her art journey
- The Vanished Fleet – when Britain still had a merchant marine
- Internet research – how to find things on the Internet, and how to tell if
a website is reliable
- Fractals – the beautiful geometry of nature
- An African wildlife safari
- The story of an English country house and the people connected with it.
Cygnet U3A book club focuses on themes rather than the same book every month. Recent and upcoming themes include Designs & Designers, Selected Works of Sebastian Barry, Russian and German works, Love, and Espionage. You choose fiction or non-fiction – any work to illustrate the theme, which is why our meetings are interesting, informative and fun.
Garden & Gourmet
We visit wonderful gardens, historic houses and specialist food producers, with talks (and tastings!) on various types of foods.
The Men’s forum meets to discuss any topics of interest, relevance or concern.
Drama, Comedy, Mystery, Crime – experience the joys and sorrows of other lives, places and times. You don’t have to have great acting skills – just be able to read, enjoy being entertained and love laughing. Beginners welcome.
Painting with Watercolours
Learn beginning through to advanced watercolour techniques under the watchful eye of our tutor. You’ll enjoy the discussions, learning new ideas and techniques, and helping others.
A variety of talks on science-related topics, including:
- Randall’s Bay flora, fauna and the Echo Sugarloaf track
- Weeds (?) and their control
- The digital communications revolution
- Sailing with science – using electronics and understanding
weather to cruise the Pacific
- Geology of the Solar System – especially Mars
We look at various aspects of the novel, non-fiction, memoirs, historical novel, scriptwriting, autobiography, and whatever else the group is interested in.
For more details please read our current program, available on the Program page.
© U3A Cygnet