The University of the Third Age (U3A) Cygnet is a co-operative learning community (that’s the ‘university’) for retired and semi-retired people (that’s the ‘third age’), run by volunteers on a non-profit basis. We are one of many similar U3A groups in Tasmania, across Australia and New Zealand, and throughout the World.
We aim to encourage the pursuit of learning and the opportunity to acquire new skills and experiences in an informal and friendly atmosphere.
There are no entry qualifications, assessments or awards.
Classes are held at:
- Community Health Centre, 1 Frederick Street Cygnet
- Christian Life Centre, 8 Mary Street Cygnet
- Bridge Cottage, Burton’s Reserve Cygnet
(these links to go to Google Maps)
- For information about membership, bookings and fees, see our Membership page, and for even more information, email our membership coordinator
- For information on anything else about us, email our secretary
Or write to us at
P O Box 216
CYGNET Tas 7112
© U3A Cygnet